Thursday, May 13, 2010

Women With Three Arms


I've seen them - at least three different women - each with three arms - and all doing the same three things: smoking a cigarette, talking on a cell phone, and driving a car. I could see two of the arms - the ones holding the cigarette and the phone - the third arm was just out of view, but it had to be there or how could they steer?  Really ! And, the scary part us that there are probably more of them out there !

So, when it comes to driving and using a cell phone - hands free or not, never mind texting, I stopped. I can't control what all the mutants are doing out there on the road - all I can do is give myself any possible advantage to protect myself, my family, and my friends when they're with me. If not using a cell phone when driving gives me only a marginal edge over other drivers, I'll take it. All of us think we're better than average drivers - so much for what normal or average means - the best I can do is take care of who's in my car. And if that means not using a cell phone, so be it.

Keep an eye out for the folks with three arms - there might even be men amongst them and that means they can procreate. Now I'm getting really nervous !

No comments: